Many people who have experiences bad trips in their self-travelling will surely need travel agents’ services. The money they have wasted for bad trips will probably give a bad taste in their mouth. Not to mention the uneasiness for them to choose the best places to be visited in the right time. It is not easy and takes time to arrange a travel itinerary undoubtedly. Choosing the best travel agent is another thing, so they need a guideline.
Characteristics and how to choose a good travel agent:
- Choose a reputable travel agent that has both national and international certificates showing its good service and products and choose the one that belongs to national and international tourism groups.
- Choose a travel agent that tells everything that you will need in the travelling, everything that you want to avoid, and everything that you like to have in the travelling, including things to do, means of transportation, accommodation, restaurants for you to have meals, etc.
- Choose the travel agent that offers you the best itinerary with the best price. If it is possible, you can ask their customers about the travel agent.
- Choose a travel agent that suits with their specialty. For example, if you want to have a religious travel, then you have to find the one that specially handles that kind of travelling.
- Choose a travel agent that has the best tour leaders having many experiences in handling tourists.
- Learn well about their products and services through their websites.
- Before you decide to have a service from a travel agent, make sure you know what you want. Tell them the purpose of your travel, if they are available with suggestions and alternatives with a clear and open explanation, choose this travel agent.
- Be open with the budget you have so they can be easily find the right product for you. Don’t forget to ask if there are additional expenses during the travelling.
Other important thing you need to know is that you don’t have to purchase all their services and products offered to you. It is their right to offer, but you need to know your own budget. Don’t make yourself end up in flat broke after you have your travelling. Do visit the office of a travel agent you are interested in, not only see their interesting pictures and photos in their websites. Do check and recheck before you sign up the travelling deal. Have a nice trip!